Monday, December 26, 2011

Tiffany's Dynamite Confections

          Tiffany’s Dynamite Confections is a bakery featuring custom cakes, cupcakes, cake balls, and chocolate covered treats (pretzels, fruits, Oreos etc. ) available by order. As a new business, Dynamite Confections is currently custom order only, but will eventually include baking and cake decorating classes and a special Paws for a Cause cupcake with 25% of sales donated to benefit the Mansfield animal shelter.

          I was lucky enough to receive a holiday sampler pack as a Christmas gift last year, and they were all delicious. The sampler included the following:
  • A cinnamon cupcake with cream cheese frosting (my favorite)
  • A hot chocolate cupcake with a marshmallow center and chocolate whipped cream frosting. This cupcake actually tasted like hot chocolate, and a little bit like a S’more.
  • A peppermint cupcake with peppermint buttercream frosting. This was white cake with just a hint a of mint flavor, and a creamy minty frosting.
  • A gingerbread cupcake with powdered sugar topping, which reminded me of the gingerbread men I made as a kid at Christmas time, but lighter and fluffier.  
          I've also enjoyed the Valentine's cupcake sampler complete with cocktail-inspired flavors like strawberry daiquiri, irish car bomb, pina coloda, and tons of other great flavors!

          The latest this holiday season are the Thanksgiving cupcake-cake (which I'll be bringing to dinner on Thursday) and mini peppermint cake balls!



          I have tried many cupcake shops in Boston, and found most too sweet, too dry, not fresh, etc. Lulu's is my favorite (see their review) and I would put Dynamite Confections on the same level. I’ve also sampled some of the cake pops and custom cakes, and been impressed by both the flavor and creative designs.

* All photos courtesy of Tiffany Travers

No comments:

Post a Comment