Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mi Pueblito

By now, I’ve told most of my friends about the New Haven taco trucks and my search to find something similar in Boston. I’ve heard a few times that East Boston is the place to go for authentic Latin American food, so I decided to start with Mi Pueblito based on a good friend’s recommendation. Mi Pueblito is a Mexican / Salvadorean / Guatemalan restaurant not far from Logan airport. The menu includes a mix of each type of cuisine, and was so large I had trouble choosing. After reading through the different options: dinner plates with steak, venison, pork, and chicken, a raw bar with oysters, clams, and ceviche, and a la carte options like burritos, tacos, and pupusas, I took my friend's advice and sampled a few different items from the a la carte menu. 

I ordered the beef tongue taco, chicken taco, and pork and cheese pupusa. Both of the tacos were served in two corn tortillas with onions, cilantro, a side of lime, and a side of taco sauce. Both were good, but the chicken taco was my favorite; it was possibly the most well seasoned and juicy chicken taco I’ve ever had. They were just as authentic as the taco trucks, about the same price ($2 each) and the ingredients were much higher quality. 

The pork pupusa was also delicious; I felt like never having tried one before, I'd been missing out! It was a thick corn tortilla stuffed with cheese and pork, served with a fermented cole slaw and a mild red sauce similar to a salsa or taco sauce. It reminded me a little of a quesadilla, but better.  


I really enjoyed the meal at Mi Pueblito and I’m excited to go back and try some of the other dishes, like the ceviche or a carne asada. I’m also hoping to try some of the other popular places in East Boston soon to compare!
See my favorite dishes at this restaurant on Tasted Menu Mi Pueblito Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment