Friday, June 15, 2012

Trina's Starlite Lounge

          Trina's Starlite Lounge is a bar and restaurant in Inman square, with a very small non-descript sign, and seems like the kind of place you might walk right by without noticing if you didn't know it was there. Don't be fooled, they have some of the best drinks and comfort food in the neighborhood and I’m very grateful to my friend who introduced me to this place! I've gone several times for drinks, and the violette hour (a cocktail made from cucumber vodka, lavender, and crème de violette) is addicting. It's light, refreshing, and the perfect summer drink. I tried them recently for dinner for the first time and was equally impressed with the food.


          I ordered the chicken and waffles, one of my favorite southern style dishes. The chicken was perfectly crisp on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. The waffle was nice and fluffy, but so big I could only eat half. The side of spicy syrup, was a nice twist, and really brought the whole thing together.


          My friends I ordered several sides to share including the corn bread, cheese fries, and sweet potato bacon hash. The corn bread was my favorite; it was lightly browned on the outside and had pieces of whole corn kernels in it. The cheese fries were good, perfectly crispy and cheesy, but pretty standard. The hash could have been crispier, and I didn't taste much bacon.



          Having tried them for dinner, I would definitely go back for food and drinks! I’d be tempted to order the fried chicken again, but there were so many other things on the menu that looked great. I’m not a hot dog fan, but for those who are - I've heard great things about their hot dog and that they serve some really creative hot dog specials (dog of the day).


1 comment: