Monday, October 15, 2012

Cambodian Style Braised Chicken Thighs

          I announced earlier this fall that I’d been selected to be part of World Food’s Fusion Taste Team for MA, led by Renee of Eat Live Blog.

          Other bloggers on the team include:

                   Erin of A Girl and Her Mutt
                   Rachel of Fork it Over, Boston
                   Sharon of Umommy
                   Taryn of Sweetly Serendipity

          We each received a selection of World Foods Sauces and are competing against bloggers in six other states, by posting our pictures and recipes. Over the next several weeks, we'll all be posting pictures, recipes, and reviews of the dishes we've prepared using these sauces.



          For my first dish, I decided to use the Cambodian Pineapple Lemon Sauce in one of my favorite recipes for braised chicken thighs.


          I heated a tablespoon of olive oil in a sauce pan over medium high heat, and then placed the chicken in the pan skin side down until the skin was brown and crispy. While these were cooking I preheated the oven to 400 degrees.



          I flipped over the chicken and poured in the entire jar of sauce. I let it simmer until it came to a slow boil, then transferred the whole thing to the oven and let it roast for about 40 minutes.



          While the chicken was roasting, I prepared ½ cup of jumbo couscous according to the directions (this took about twenty minutes.

 
          Overall, I was extremely happy with this dish. The pineapple and coconut milk in the sauce were a great combination, and it gave the chicken a nice sweet flavor. I’ve never eaten Cambodian food, but the sauce reminded me of a Thai curry dish (although there was no curry in the sauce, some of the flavors seemed similar). I would definitely make this again, and I’m excited to try out the rest of my sauces over the next couple of weeks!





*Although WORLDFOODS provided the sauce free of charge, the opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. We started with that sauce at our house too. It won us all over. Go team :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sauce has definitely been my favorite so far! Looking forward to reading about how you used it!

    ReplyDelete