Monday, September 9, 2013

Zaftigs in Natick

          Zaftigs in Brookline is known for one of the best breakfasts in town, and a notoriously long line. I'd been once before, but was hesitant to go back because of the wait. I recently heard about a location in Natick, so the bf and I decided to check it out this past Sunday morning. We walked in at about 11AM and were seated right away, which was a huge plus. By the time we left, about an hour later there appeared to be a short wait but nothing like Brookline.

          We were starving and ordered the equivalent of two breakfasts each! I tried the ham and cheese benedict, which was a variation on the classic dish. I loved the cheddar biscuit rather than the typical english muffin, and the thinly sliced ham in place of the Canadian bacon. The bf ordered the standard version and was just as happy. Both came with sides of fresh watermelon and home fries, which were perfectly roasted and seasoned.

Ham and Cheese Benedict
Traditional Eggs Benedict

          We also enjoyed sides of bacon, corned beef hash, and a bagel with lox. My favorite was the hash, which came with huge chunks of potato, shaved corned beef, and roasted red peppers.

Corned Beef Hash
Maple Smoked Bacon
Bagel with Lox
          This was definitely the best casual breakfast place I've found in the area, and I will definitely be back. I'd like to try some of the additional menu items like the potato pancakes, but the ham and cheese benedict was so good I'm not sure I'd order anything else!

Zaftigs Delicatessen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment