Saturday, October 19, 2013

H Mart

          I've been hearing about an amazing Asian grocery store and food court in Burlington for awhile now, so I decided to make the trip up one Saturday to check out H Mart. The only thing I had to compare H Mart to was Super 88 in Allston, and this place is sooo much better! While the food court was a little smaller, the grocery store itself was much larger and cleaner with a huge prepared foods section and tons of fresh organic fruits and vegetables. There was a wide variety of meat and fish available, and even kobe beef for around $30 per lb. The best to describe it would be something akin to an Asian Whole Foods.

          Options available in the food court included Chinese, Japanese, and Korean street food. I went with a bowl of ramen with dumplings from the Korean restaurant. It was a huge bowl for only $5, and better than any other ramen I've had in Boston. It was loaded with noodles, pork dumplings, and had bits of egg similar to an egg drop soup.





          After enjoying my ramen, I walked around the store and realized they give out samples on the weekend! I tried Korean BBQ chicken thighs, several varieties of kimchi, pork belly in spicy broth, and more. I would have loved to buy some of the prepared foods, but wasn't going right home and didn't want to leave them in the car. The dumplings and marinated meats were especially tempting!


          Although H Mart isn't convenient enough to shop regularly, I'd definitely make the trip for the Ramen or to get some of the prepared foods to make on a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment