Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Brunch at Long Bar

          Blog and Tweet Boston recently headed to Oak Long Bar and Kitchen to check out the brunch menu. I'd been for cocktails but otherwise hadn't eaten since the space was (fairly) recently redone. Oak Room used to be one of my favorites, so I had high hopes for Long Bar. It did not disappoint.

           The space was gorgeous and I enjoyed relaxing on some comfy couches and chatting with other bloggers. We started with some cocktails; I chose the bloody mary, which was a perfect start to our meal. 



          There were so many items on the menu that sounded amazing, I didn't know what to get. It helped when the table decided to share the flatbread special topped with smoked salmon, caviar, and creme fraiche. 


          I settled on the corned beef hash baked in a skillet and topped with poached eggs, mushrooms, and hollandaise. Despite the generous portion, this was so good I polished off the entire thing!



          The others at my table ordered the burger and short rib quesadilla, which also looked amazing (especially Stacey's burger!)



          Thanks to Oak Long Bar for such a great meal! I can't wait to return and try some of the other dishes like the eggs benedict or chocolate hazelnut french toast!


 Oak Long Bar + Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment