Saturday, April 19, 2014

Brunch at Mistral

          Mistral is one of my favorite places for brunch in Boston, and has been consistently for years. Since I go fairly often (and have been for so long) I hadn't thought to take pictures or blog about it until recently. 

          The space is bright and sunny, and the booths include comfy benches and cushions - perfect for a relaxing Sunday brunch. Once you're seated, someone comes by in a matter of minutes to deliver coffee, water, and one of these:

Warm apple cinnamon muffin with butter and apple butter
          The muffins have been one of my favorite things about Mistral since I've started going, and as far as I can tell they've never changed. The pastry selection however does change, but generally includes homemade sticky buns and some type of doughnut (my favorites were always the Boston Creme, which I haven't seen on the menu the last couple of times I've been, but I'm hoping they make a reappearance!)

          I've tried several of the dishes on the menu, but haven't ordered something new since discovering my favorite - the crab omelet. I order this with egg whites, and still can't finish the lightened up version because it's so big! I love pairing this with a glass of Veuve Clicquot, which is indulgent but totally worth it!

Jumbo lump crab omelet with chive, tomato, and Vermont butter
          My bf loves the eggs benedict which always come out perfectly cooked, with an amazing hollandaise. 


          All breakfast entrees come with lyonnaise potatoes, but they'll always substitute something healthy like fresh berries. I enjoy either, depending on how good I'm trying to be.



          But no matter how healthy I'm trying to be, I can never resist sharing a side of bacon. Mistral's is always perfectly crisp, and like the entrees a large portion.


          I love trying new places and have been to tons of great brunch spots over the years. I've never returned to any place as many times as I have to Mistral.



No comments:

Post a Comment