Friday, April 11, 2014

Product Review: Train Gum

          Train Gum is an all natural chewing gum founded by Sam Singer, of Watertown MA. Sam started the company while in college, when he realized he couldn't pronounce any of the ingredients in the gum he was chewing. Since I love supporting local companies and try to eat whole natural foods whenever possible, I was excited when they reached out and offered me a sample.

          Train Gum contains only five ingredients: chicle, sugar, natural oils, stevia and rice flour. Individually wrapped pieces come in a biodegradable drawstring muslin bag, which I love. It has the old time look and feel you'd find at an old school candy shoppe.


           I tried the peppermint, which had great flavor and texture and didn't taste sugary at all (the amount of sugar used is minimal). Though the flavor didn't last as long as some of the artificially sweetened gums out there, I realized that's probably a good thing! I'd choose a natural product over artificial any day!

          Train Gum is $2.50 for a bag of eight pieces, and is available online as well as several local specialty shops:
  • Fit to Eat, Portland ME
  • HWS College Store, Geneva NY
  • Formaggio Kitchen, Cambridge MA
  • Spirited Gourmet, Belmont MA
  • Gordon’s Fine Wine and Liquors, Waltham MA
  • Volante Farms, Needham MAY

No comments:

Post a Comment