Saturday, June 28, 2014

Local 149

          Local 149 is a great neighborhood bar right on the water in Southie. The interior is cozy, and the menu includes upscale bar and comfort food. I'm pretty psyched to have started discovering this new to me area, and that I live less than half a mile from the beach (and even more amazing restaurants)! Who knew??



          The bf and I went in recently and tried a bunch of apps and smaller dishes. Not surprisingly, we started with a build your own meat and cheese board including bluefish rillette, BBQ rillette, two aged cows milk cheeses, housemade pickles and pickled red onions. The bluefish rillette was my favorite, but I appreciated the creativity of the BBQ which isn't something I've ever seen before.


          They offer a selection of oysters daily, and that night they were featuring wellfleets which I always love.


          The pizza was my favorite kind- thin and crispy crust, the perfect bar pizza. Available toppings include cheese, pepperoni, or chicken ranchero. We enjoyed the pepperoni.


          The kale caesar was huge, with fried white beans and white anchovies (I don't usually eat the anchovies but can appreciate the good white ones when I see them)!


          The mac and cheese is thick and creamy, it reminded me of velveeta, but high quality and homemade!


           Although I didn't try any really entrees, they sounded amazing. I can't wait to go back for the fried chicken and lamb burgers!

Local 149 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment