Sunday, July 27, 2014

Red Bird

          Last night I headed to the old neighborhood in Waltham to check out Red Bird, which just opened a couple of weeks ago by Chef Daniel Stokes, an alum of the Franklin Café and protegee of Franklin Chef / Owner Dave DuBois. I'm a big fan of The Franklin in Southie, so I was excited to try it! We started with a couple of apps, which were both delicious.



Grilled Peaches
Marcona Almonds, Goat Cheese,
Greens, Brown Butter



Fried Ipswich Clam Strips
Coriander Aioli, Flash
Fried Herbs, Lemon

          I ordered the chicken confit as an entree, which was a bone in chicken thigh served over gnocchi with a delicious savory sauce. I loved the torn potatoes (almost like potato skins), especially dipped in the broth from the chicken. The bf enjoyed his sticky pork ribs and watermelon.


Chicken Confit
Escarole, Potato Gnocchi, Apricot
& Cherry Mostarda


Torn and Fried Potatoes


Sticky Pork Ribs
Chili-Garlic Sauce, Watermelon

          For dessert we shared the vanilla mousse with marinated peaches and peach sorbet. It was a nice light dessert, and a perfect way to end the meal.


Vanilla Mousse
Macerated Peaches, Peach Sorbet,
Pistachio Macarons

          Overall the meal at Red Bird was excellent, and exactly what I would have expected based on my experiences at The Franklin. It's well worth the short drive to Waltham, and I will definitley be back.

 Red Bird on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment