Sunday, October 5, 2014

Douzo Sushi via Door Dash - Boston's Newest Delivery Service

         I recently had the opportunity to try Door Dash, the newest restaurant delivery service in Boston. I currently use a few of these already, so I was interested in seeing how Door Dash was different. Door Dash definitely stood out in a couple of ways. Before I get to the details, I want to share a special offer with you: Use my code UrbanDoorDash  for free delivery on your first order. You can place your order here.


Selection
          The first thing I noticed upon logging into the website was that a lot of the options were not typical takeout places (although there were plenty of those available). There were French bistros (La Voile), Italian restaurants (Cinquecento, Via Matta), and high end sushi (Douzo) just to name a few.

Fees
           I liked that the delivery fee is a flat $7, no matter where you order from. Many of the other delivery services advertise free delivery or delivery for $2-$3, but often there are additional fees (the restaurant charges its own fee, they use a subcontracted delivery service that charges its own fee, etc). Based on my experience, $7 isn't especially low or high and I don't mind paying it for a nice restaurant that wouldn't normally deliver.

My Experience
          I decided to order from Douzo, a sushi place I've been wanting to try for awhile. The estimated wait time was about an hour, which is pretty standard. The order arrived right on time, and the driver even called to confirm my special request, and texted me when he was on the way with my food. He even included a hand written thank you note, which I thought was a really nice touch.



   Douzo

          The food from Douzo was amazing, and I would absolutely order from them again. I plan to go back in person sometime soon to get the full experience. 

          Torched salmon with sweet crab meat salad: this was amazing and not only my favorite dish that I ordered for this meal, but one of my favorite sushi dishes in Boston. The salmon was lightly seared on the outside, served on top of delicious crab meat and topped with salmon roe and scallions. 


           Omakase lunch special: This was an excellent value, and included a mix of sushi, sashimi, and rolls for $17.95. Although I'm not sure what every piece was, I enjoyed all of them. There was definitely some salmon, eel, California handroll, shrimp, yellowtail with ginger sauce, and seafood naruto.


          Shrimp tempura and spicy tuna handrolls: These are pretty standard dishes, and Douzo did them very well. The fish was high quality and fresh, and I always like it when my spicy tuna comes with tempura flakes!


          I highly recommend both Door Dash and Douzo; I plan to use / dine at both of them again soon!

Douzo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment