Sunday, January 25, 2015

Flemings in Providence

          Flemings was my first introduction to higher end dining in Boston years ago, when I was still in high school and living in NH. I didn't eat steak at the time, so I ordered the chicken and to this day it's one of my favorite dishes (although I do enjoy the steak as well).

           Earlier this week I headed to the Providence location for a girls night out during restaurant week. Although everyone loved the food, the biggest hit of the night was definitely this cocktail (being shown beautifully by Jeannie)!  The Winter Chai Mule was seriously one of the best cocktails I've ever had, it was made with Svedka vanilla vodka, and a delicious spice blend including some vanilla and nutmeg.


          I skipped the restaurant week menu because I absolutely had to get the chicken, and it was just as good as I remembered with a white wine, mushroom, leek, and thyme sauce. I also ordered the creamed spinach, another old favorite, and was so excited to dig in I forgot to get a pic!

          Most of the group got the restaurant week menu, and they all enjoyed the steaks, caesar salads, and desserts. Restaurant week can be hit or miss, sometimes the portions are small and not representative of what you'd get on any other night. That was not the case with Flemings; the portion sizes were huge and a few people even brought food home, definitely a great value!


 
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment