Saturday, February 28, 2015

Kennedy's On the Square

          Last week I headed out to Harvard Square for a Blog and Tweet Boston event at Kennedy's On The Square, the neighborhood's newest gastro pub.

          
          The name Kennedy's reflects the look and feel of the restaurant, reminiscent of the Kennedy era with dark wood, red leather booths, and memorabilia throughout. 




          Kennedy's has a great selection of craft cocktails and beers on tap; I started with their version of a Moscow mule which was delicious.

 

           Like most meals with food bloggers, we ordered a bunch of apps to share including meatballs, wings, and my favorite the Mediterranean Sampler with hummus, baba ganoush, eggplant salad, falafel, house-made pickles, olives, mint and pita chips.




          I ordered the duck panini as my main course, with a side Caesar salad. The duck was delicious, and I would definitely order this dish again. The most popular item at our table seemed to be the fish tacos, and since we somehow ended up with an extra order I was able to try these as well.


          I loved the combination of the blackened haddockwith habanero, pico de gallo and avocado cream. These were light and bursting with fresh flavors.

          We ordered one of every dessert for the table, but I was way too full to eat more than a couple of bites of the bread pudding. I enjoyed this, but was told the nutella creme brulee was even better. I definitely want to come back and check it out!

Kennedy's on the Square on Urbanspoon

1 comment: