Monday, October 19, 2015

A 10 Course Sherry Dinner at Taberna de Haro

          I dine out so often, I don't always have time to write about every experience. When I'm getting behind, I tend to prioritize writing about new places rather than places I've already covered. Taberna de Haro is an old favorite and a place I've written about more than once, so I when the fiance and I went in for a custom ten course dinner with sherry pairings at the bar I never wrote about it at the time. But, the experience was so amazing and so memorable that I'm writing about it now quite a bit later!


          Taberna de Haro is without question, the most authentic Spanish restaurant in Boston. The space feels intimate and cozy, and the menu is interesting - not just the standards you'd see at any tapas restaurant (although Taberna does have most of them), and the sherry selection is the most extensive in the city. For all these reasons, Taberna is a regular spot for the fiance and I. One night we were chatting with the bartender about how we'd like to learn more about sherry, and he offered to create a custom tasting menu for us if we came in on a Monday when it was slow. We came back the following week, and had a fantastic meal!

albóndigas de bacalao ~ saffron-codfish balls

bienmesabe ~ lemon & paprika marinated haddock, fried

jamón ibérico  ~ cured Spanish ham, acorn-fed black hoofed pigs


ancas de rana ~ frogs legs sautéd w lemon, garlic, brandy


Chilled tomato gazpacho
Sauteed sweetbreads

espinacas a la catalana ~ spinach, pine nuts, raisins, garlic


chorizo a la sidra ~ hard cider-braised chorizo

berengena al mató ~ grilled eggplant, saffron honey, house-made fresh cheese
          Each course came with a sherry pairing, and we sampled a range from dry to sweet and learned about the many different types (Manzanilla, Fino, etc.) It truly was a one of a kind experience; it's not every day a restaurant creates a menu just for you!

Taberna de Haro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment