Saturday, January 2, 2016

Brunch at Aquitaine Chestnut Hill

          Aquitaine Bis in Chestnut Hill was always a favorite when I lived in the 'burbs. I recently went in for brunch after not having been a few years, and it was just as good as I remembered! My friend ordered the prix fixe menu that came with a cinnamon roll as a first course. This looked so good that we had to order a basket for the table! They were warm and gooey with plenty of icing, exactly what a cinnamon roll should be.


          I had the croque madame, with breakfast potatoes instead of fries. This had plenty of melted gruyere, mornay sauce, and came topped with a perfectly runny egg. I thought I tasted a hint of mustard in the sauce, in traditional French bistro style.


          Of course no brunch is complete without bacon; the fiance and I enjoyed this side with our sandwiches (he had the croque also).



          Aquitaine remains one of my favorites for classic bistro dining in Boston, and I'm also a fan of the group's other concepts like Gaslight and Cinquecento.

Aquitaine Bis Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment