Friday, March 25, 2016

Margarita's




          Margaritas feels like an old school classic for me. I grew up eating here, and one of my first jobs in high school was a server at one of the NH locations. In my brief stint working there, I learned that most (if not all of the dishes) are made from scratch including the guacamole and sauces (servers actually had to learn every single ingredient in case some asked or had a food allergy). As a teenager I was not the adventurous eater I am today, and didn't touch meat aside from chicken or vegetables outside of salad. Margaritas introduced me to some firsts including guacamole which I never would have tried if my coworkers hadn't practically forced me. Now guacamole and avocados in general are some of my favorite foods, and it's one of my first memories of really branching out and trying something new.

          Whenever I eat at Margaritas, I order the tomato and garlic nachos with chicken and bacon (sadly I dove into these before I could grab a pic at my last visit). These are not your traditional American nachos loaded with cheese, refried beans, sour cream, etc. These are much more simple and I think more flavorful. Everyone who's been with me has been skeptical at first, and ends up loving them!

         I usually order some sort of combination plate for my main course so I can try a little bit of everything. At my last visit I tried the "From the Land" taco combo, which came with one chicken taco with onion, cilantro and mild three-pepper sauce, one pork carnitas taco with pickled onions and chipotle BBQ sauce, and one braised beef taco with salsa fresca and crema. They were all good, but my favorite was definitely the pork carnitas.


          The fiancé ordered an enchilada combo with red, white, and green sauces, black beans, and rice.


           Over the years the menu has remained pretty consistent, and I appreciate being able to oder old favorites as well as try new dishes. As much as I love the hole-in-the-wall authentic taco spots I've discovered in Waltham and East Boston, Margaritas is still my favorite higher end restaurant for American-Mexican and of course great Margaritas!


           



Margaritas Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment