Saturday, May 21, 2016

Brunch at The Kinsale

          The Kinsale was an old favorite for lunch and drinks after work when I used to work in the neighborhood, so I was excited for the opportunity to try the brunch menu last weekend with Blog and Tweet Boston! I was a sunny day and we sat at a long table right by the window, which opens to a patio in the summer. The room was recently redone and the space was beautiful.


          We started with a cocktail, the French 75, which was light and refreshing - perfect for brunch!


          For my first course I chose the encrusted goat cheese salad with came with fried goat cheese, poached pears, candied nuts, pear chips, and mixed greens all tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette. This was delicious, and easily could have been a meal in itself!


          I opted for the Crab Cake Benedict as my main course, which came with two house made crab cakes with plenty of crab meat topped with two perfectly cooked eggs and just the right amount of hollandaise. Since I already had the salad, I skipped the english muffins and enjoyed the poached eggs over the crab cake. It was a perfect semi-light entree.


          I was too full for dessert but others in my group enjoyed the mud pie and cheesecake, which both looked amazing!


          The food at The Kinsale was even better than I remembered thanks to their new Chef who's given the menu a little bit of an update. Now that the weather is nice, The Kinsale has some fun patio events coming up in addition to their live music, trivia, and $0.25 wing specials! I definitely hope to check some of them out!

Kinsale Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment